Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to make my full custom hat after I place an order?
- We typically say it’s about a three-month process. Everything we do is hand done, one by one, so it takes some time to make sure that we can get the hat to our standard before the customer receives it.
Do you carry other brands within your store?
Can you buy a felt or straw on the same day?
- No. We only carry Standard Hat Works.
Do you guys offer a payment plan?
- Yes. We offer Silver Belly, Natural, and Black in our Beaver Blend and Pure Beaver fur qualities that can be purchased in store, same day. Throughout straw season, we offer a large range of sizes from 6 ¾ up to an 8 and brim sizes ranging from 3” to 5”. All straws start off with an open crown and flat brim so that they can be shaped based on the customers preferences.
If we bring in another company’s hat, are you able to work on it?
- No, we require full payment upfront.
Are you able to change the shape of a hat once we purchase it?
- Yes. For felts, we can work on any hat as long as it is some type of fur hat body. For straws, we can shape them if they come in with an open crown and flat brim. We can adjust already shaped straws, depending on the current state of the hat. See all hat services here.
Can you re-size my hat to fit better?
- We can change the shape of the crown and brim of a felt hat even though it is currently shaped! If you are wanting a straw to be re-shaped, we can only make so many adjustments due to the material of the hat.
Do you accept trade-ins?
If we are unable to come in and get fitted for a custom hat, can we still order one?
- Yes. We offer a “Full Renovation” service where we will make your hat the new hat size you are so you do not have to worry about it going back to its original size. Whether we need to make it smaller or larger, we can renovate it. We are able to stretch a hat but we do often see that it will go back to its original size, so we do not recommend it.
Do you ship?
- Absolutely! We help customers from all over the world get a hat that they will love! If you are interested in purchasing a hat, we recommend emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist you from there!
Can you clean a straw hat?
- Yes. We ship within the United States and internationally.
Are appointments needed?
- No, we can not clean a straw hat.
- They are highly recommended but are not required.
Can you re-shape straw hats?
- We cannot re-shape the crown of a straw hat. We may be able to do some shaping to the brim.
Let's Chat! Book an Appointment in Store
Fill out the form below and we can set up a time to chat about what is best for you and answer any questions you may have.